Thursday, March 19, 2009

If Yan can cook,I bloody can't



Well,what can I say?Every time I hear his cranky Cantonese accent,it gets me and compels me to stay tuned during the whole show.Its reminds me how people never cut off their roots and take pride in their nationality wherever they settle.If there's anything I've learned watching the programme,its not about the cooking,its about how culture sells,as it has always been since the roman times.We constantly try to steal recipes from different ethnic groups all the time.However,I would still prefer some authencity instead of fusion mania.The foundational cooking method which country it originated from must be instilled to preserve its genuinity and local heritage.Different variation of herbs do not produce the same tastes and thus effect the general authencity of the cuisi
ne.Anyway,here are a few eye popping facts about Martin Yan.
1:This dude receive a Master in science degree in food science in the University of California
2:Made a guest appearance in Iron Chef America(and won the challenging opponent)
3:His wife is a Japanese American Biochemist.
4:He has a pair of twin boys.

So,there you have it guys and remember ,IF YAN can COOK,YOU can TOO.If Yan can survive without chopping his fingers off,you can too.gotta add some cilantro and sze chuan peh pe kawns.bew tey fuw.I love this guy,BOO YAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment